Expectations for Event Hosts
This page outlines the expectations Transform1060 has for event hosts throughout the booking and event process. These expectations reflect our core values: inclusion, transparency, accountability, and fiscal responsibility. The expectations are also informed by Transfom1060’s intention to become a federally recognized 501c3 non-profit entity. These expectations are separate from requirements of an event contract.
WHEN BOOKING AN EVENT
We ask that all hosting requests be sent via email to email@example.com. For accountability and tracking reasons, Transform1060 does not book via social media (Fetlife, Facebook, etc.) or verbally. We love hearing that you are interested in hosting an event, but please send email.
We ask that hosts be transparent with us about their event plans. Transparency includes:
- Explaining the type of event you want to have (theme, focus, etc.), expected attendance, and use of the space.
- Explaining who is hosting the event, including any co-hosting groups. We ask that hosts not book events on behalf of other groups or individuals without letting us know. We encourage co-hosting, but expect hosts to disclose such arrangements when booking events.
- Explaining who can attend their event. Transform1060 allows gender-specific and gender-exclusive events, but we expect all events to be trans-inclusive. We ask that hosts be honest with us about their policies and practices for transgender inclusion when asked during the booking process.
We ask that hosts be timely in following up on booking steps. These include:
- Responding to booking email in a timely manner.
- Sending in any advance payments by the deadline offered.
- Providing full name & phone contact for the person who will be responsible during the event.
- Providing concise event details for the Transform1060 website calendar for non-private events.
bEFORE AN EVENT
We ask that hosts handle their own event publicity. We will post open events to Transform1060’s website calendar. Hosts control where and how their events are advertised, as long as they respect Transform1060’s core values when doing so.
We ask that hosts contact us via email before changing their event substantially. This includes proposing changes to event type, focus, intended use, expected audience, co-sponsorship, change in responsible party contact, etc. If you are unsure if a change is substantial, email us. Clear, proactive communication helps both Transform1060 and hosts.
If we have a concern with an event or event listing, we ask that hosts honor our requests to modify or remove event listings or other publicity while we work to resolve the concern. Some examples of these types of concerns:
- Language or images that are not in line with Transform1060’s core values
- Confusing description around an event’s relationship with Transform1060
- Substantial changes in the event without prior contact for approval
- Errors in date/time/location of event
If a situation like this happens, we expect the host to take action quickly, then we will work together to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
DURING AN EVENT
We ask that hosts verify an initial COVID vaccine series for every attendee. Hosts are welcome to require additional precautions (boosters, masks, rapid tests). Anyone attending an event at Transform1060, public or private, must have at least an initial COVID series.
We ask that hosts contact Transform1060’s team immediately in the event that they call fire, police, or EMT services. Medical emergency? Police report? Contact us immediately by text or phone.
We ask that hosts help us to be good neighbors. This includes being mindful of ways event attendees might be disrupting others outside the space, using caution with sound system additions that create loud bass vibrations late at night, and having their guests use the courtyard for smoking when possible rather than the sidewalks.
We ask that hosts enforce our venue policies:
- No smoking or vaping anywhere inside the building. Smoking and vaping are only allowed in the courtyard area.
- No alcohol sales at Transform1060.
- All bathrooms at Transform1060 are open to everyone. There are no gendered bathrooms.
- No transgender-exclusionary events.
We ask that hosts take responsibility for any equipment or fixtures damaged during their event. Hosts are responsible for the behavior of their attendees, including damage to equipment, lighting, plumbing, etc.
We understand that hosts often arrange equipment to serve a layout more conducive for their event. We ask that our hosts return any equipment or furniture to the location it was in when they arrived.
We ask that hosts completely clean the space and equipment after their event. If our operations volunteers determine that the space was not properly cleaned, we ask our hosts to be responsive to feedback and improve for future events.
AFTER AN EVENT
We ask our hosts to notify us if they exhausted the last of any consumable supplies during their event such as paper towels, toilet paper, gloves, etc.
We ask that hosts promptly remit any remaining payment for the event as agreed.
We ask that hosts follow up within 48 hours with any issues that came up during the event: equipment or fixture problems, consent reports, etc.
This page is a work in progress.
When we recognize other implicit expectations for hosts, we will acknowledge them. We will add them to this page if they are in line with our core values. We invite feedback from our vested community stakeholders about these expectations.
What happens if hosts do not meet these expectations?
The Transform1060 team recognizes that things go wrong. Miscommunication and mistakes happen. If hosts realize they cannot meet one or more of these expectations, we ask that they let us know by email as soon as possible. Most often, we will find a solution that works for the host and the Transform1060 team. In the unlikely event that we cannot work out a solution together so that a host can reliably meet these expectations, Transform1060 may choose to decline future rentals to that host.